Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Off the Hook - Little Blue Bear


Last week, I saw the pattern for this adorable newborn bear set come across my newsfeed on Facebook.  I fell in love with the style immediately and knew I would have to make it.  To my surprize, this was a FREE pattern from Knot Your Nana's Crochet


  The hat worked up very quickly and the pattern was very easy to follow as it uses basic stitches - single crochet (sc), front-post half-double crochet (fphdc) and back-post half-double crochet (bphdc).  The band uses a technique (that was new to me) called camel stitch single crochet.  You will notice, I modified my band slightly from the original pattern, by adding a row of half-double crochet. 


  
The booties were easy to follow as well using the same basic stitches as mentioned above.

In all, this set took me less than two hours to complete and would make a great gift for any newborn... now I just need to find someone who had a baby boy to gift this to!!

2 comments:

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Just a Crafty Cupcake


Greetings! And welcome to A Crafty Cupcake: the Blog! I'm a self proclaimed crochet queen. Come with me on a fantastic crochet journey!

Popular Posts

Link Parties & Features

Rebeckah's Saturday Link Party
I was Featured on Calleigh's Clips & Crochet Creations

Link Me

A Crafty Cupcake

Follow Me

Follow
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © A Crafty Cupcake | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes - Published By Gooyaabi Templates | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com